You are here:
24th INS Annual Conference click to see photographs
The Indian Nuclear Society is organizing its 24th Annual Conference on the theme “Advances in Radiation Technology for Societal Benefits” during December 16-18, 2013 at Nabhikiya Urja Bhavan, Anushakti Nagar, Mumbai with Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology (BRIT) as the lead organizer. The conference is being supported by the Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS) and the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB). The conference aims at providing a platform for professionals in the field of Radiation Technology to discuss the current status of research in this field, the state-of-the-art technology available and the current practices in the applications of radiation technology for societal benefits.
The conference will have invited talks by eminent experts with vast experience in their respective fields.
The conference will highlight the advances made in the following technologies and the societal benefits accrued by their use:
1. Radiopharmaceuticals for health care – Therapeutic and Diagnostic.
2. Nuclear technologies for detection and treatment of cancers.
3. Radiation processing of materials and, hygienisation and shelf life extension of agricultural products using gamma irradiators and electron beam accelerators.
4. Nuclear technologies for developing improved varieties of seeds through mutation breeding.
5. Radiation technology applications in Industrial trouble shooting and process optimisation.
6. Isotope Hydrology for water resources development and management.
7. Radiological safety in the application of radiation technologies.
Additional details about the conference are in the brochure.
For attending the conference, please fill the registration form RegFormINSAC2013 and send to Indian Nuclear Society office along with the registration fee as mentioned in the brochure before October 15, 2013.